Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sneak Preview...What Will It Be?

It's spring break this week, and it was a goal of mine to try and open the sketchbook if I could. Of course, finding the time is difficult. Well, actually, if I could find a way to set-up the sketchbook in a workable position while nursing the baby, I'd have lots of time (she eats all the time).


But, I did start a doodle - something I haven't done in a while. I wrote in the past about how birds often come out of these doodles. As you can see by what I've shown here, some sort of bird seems to be coming through...or is it? I definitely was pursuing the beak and eyeball. However, the fun thing about doing these doodles is that - if I just take my time, playing with lines, shapes, and values - other surprises often materialize. I actually started to see other possibilities that I'd like to explore.

So, I will post the finished product as soon as I can string together some drawing time. You'll just have to check back later and see what became of it.

1 comment:

Diane said...

well this looks finished to me. I love the look!