Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A Flurry of Activity!

I can't believe we're only a couple months into the year, yet it feels like several months of progress, travel, delight, and sadness have been crammed into this brief time!  And here's a glimpse of what has been happening.

Story draft, photo references, preliminary storyboard...OH MY!

Praise God for His inspiration!  My son will be leaving to join the Army in March and in dealing with all of the emotions that come with that, the idea for a picture book began to take shape - the words, the characters, everything has been a steady flow.  I do feel that it's inspired because I've prayed for such a light to turn-on and it's amazing how all of the pieces are just sliding into place.  I finished an initial storyboard today...a first step on a long road.  It's quite beautiful, really, and I'm really excited to see how it all unfolds.

From 2011 - Here comes trouble...I will miss you, Basha!

And, if saying good-bye to my first-born isn't sad enough, our family had to say a more lasting good-bye to our dearest doggy - Basha.  Her health deteriorated rapidly at the end of January, and I miss having her at my feet when I work.  I've jotted down many notes over the years inspired by her interactions with my youngest child.

Go Crusaders!

On a more positive note, we've had 2 weekends of State Cup tournaments out-of-town and we're coming up on the final "Elite Eight" this weekend - ROAD TRIP!

In spite of all the ups and downs and running around, all of these experiences prompt ideas for potential stories, illustrations, and such projects.

I love being an artist and a mom!



No comments: