Saturday, September 27, 2008

Illustration Friday - "Packed"

Unbelievable! I actually had a few minutes last night, so I thought I'd just play around with the theme. The word "packed" made me think of going places with kids...and all of the "stuff" that goes along with them. I ended up doing something that I actually liked!



Of course, it's only a pencil sketch - no color, no polish. But, that's one of the things I like about it - I didn't take the time to get all fussy about it. So, here it is - as is. I call it "Goin' to Grandma's."

6 comments:

Vhrsti said...

Hmmm, it's really nice drawing!

helen said...

I like it. Good sketch

INDIGENE said...

Spontaneity is always great! I always love the beauty of plain graphite on paper...it gets too little credit. Great job!

www.indigeneartforms.blogspot.com

Julia Kelly said...

very nice drawing, I love the softness and the obvious story that goes along with it!Did that myself once-made it a quarter down the block before my mom brought me back!

Heather said...

It's a great sketch, lots of character.

Edrian said...

I sometimes enjoy just drawing whatever comes out without thinking about it too much. Sometimes I don't like the result, but it helps me mentally to get back to a structured project. I love all the details of the boy. Beautiful drawing!