Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Another Painting...

What?  Two posts in two days?!  Gotta stock up before the school year officially starts again and my attention is focused elsewhere for a while.


One thing I like about working with the paint and a more simple style is that I can accomplish an illustration a lot quicker. I did this companion piece to the “Woof” dog last night (compare that to the few days that “Mail” took). Of course, I still spent a couple of hours on each of these little paintings (aprox. 5”x7”).  But, it's a nice mental break from the detailed work I also like to do.


I’m still debating whether or not to make this a triptych and complete the primary color triad that I have going - perhaps a bird with a yellow background. I'm happy with the two I have, but a third makes sense as well. Hmmmmmm…

Anyway, on a different note, I’ve been thinking about having some prints made to sell in an Etsy shop. Illustration is different from other forms of art that can more easily be displayed in people’s homes - it’s a bit more specific and, perhaps, more for collectors. However, I think that these paintings might be good choices as they could easily work in a child’s room.

No comments: