Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Project in the Works...

I'm surprised that it's already halfway through July!  I feel like I'm still in "school mode" as I've been organizing and cataloging the home library and doing A LOT of planning for the next year.  I guess I'll be happy come August and I'm ready to go.  I just hope I can settle into some art, now.

Well, at least I have 2 weeks of art classes to teach starting next week.  AND, I have been working of the design for my first commissioned mural project (so I guess I've gotten a little art in).  The design was just approved and I will be ordering paints, getting it sketched on the wall (hoping to borrow a projector to expedite that step), and then making it happen.  I don't want to share too much - you'll have to wait and see the completed work.  However, I will share this little quick study from the design.



These kids are just a teensy-weensy (but important) part of the mural.  They'll appear in it, although not in that configuration.  So, there.  That's all for now - I'll share more when it's completed.

No comments: