Sunday, August 21, 2011

Summer's Over...and So Much To Do!

We'll be starting our school year on Monday (earlier than usual) and I haven't finished the mural.  I'm grateful for the homeowners who have been able to work with my childcare schedule - if I had to have Lindy with me when I painted, then I would be guaranteed some "murals" on our wall at home.  How do you explain to a 2 year old that it's OK for mommy to paint on a wall, but not her?

"Trouble" and Friend
Anyway, it's coming along nicely, but I'm not ready for the big reveal.  And, with school, soccer games, and all of the activities that go along with fall, it'll be a little while yet.  Another thing I won't get to that I hoped I would is a redraw of some nature themed works for a show at a nearby gallery in September.  I don't think I'll make their September 5th deadline...maybe next time.


But, I have continued to sketch Sunday morning services, so I thought I'd share a recent installment.  No time for color.  But, I really enjoy the process and the challenge of having to represent an idea quickly.  Some weeks are more visually successful than others, but it certainly keeps me on my toes!

No comments: