|Figures are about 1 foot taller than before|
The first thing that was bothering me was the scale of the toasting figures. I like to sit back and observe (analyze) what's in front of me - what I've done and what I have yet to do. The figures looked fine in the smaller proposal painting, but something didn't seem quite right on the full-size panels. They seemed kind of wimpy and small. I felt that they needed to be more of a presence in that panel. So, part of today's work involved "growing" the figures. Since I didn't have any mushrooms from Wonderland, I had to redraw them, adding about a foot to their height. I think it was a good call.
In my original design, the grapes were dark purple (like Concord grapes) and green. But, with all of the green leaves and veggies, I decided to change the green grapes to red. This required a field trip to the produce department at the grocery store to study the color of red grapes. Upon close inspection, there are a lot of colors happening in red grapes - purple, reddish purple, and even green. I've mixed some color options but, they're not quite right...yet. So, know that what you see is NOT what you will get.