Saturday, September 1, 2012

"What?!! You Painted Over It?!!"

...screamed my daughter.

Now you see it - now you don't!

No, I've turned all of the panels around and I am currently painting a couple coats of clear varnish on the backsides.  I wanted to do the backs first because I wasn't sure how tacky it would be for and for how long.  The primer we used seemed to always have a certain degree of tackiness - even at this point.  If that was to be the case with the varnish, then I wanted to do the fronts last and make sure they didn't lean up against anything while they awaited transportation.

I've now discovered that the varnish dries quickly and the finish isn't tacky at all.  Good!  Now, I plan to put the panels one at a time on sawhorses and paint a couple coats on the fronts and all edges.

In Loving Memory...
Past Horizons Group During Some Outdoor Activities
I had really hoped to be done by now - I feel like things have been moving at a snails pace.  Of course, we have since had the memorial for my father-in-law, Robert Smith, and will soon be doing much to care for my mother-in-law as we are the only relatives in the area.  We're also 2 1/2 weeks into our school year, now - so far so good!  I have an 8th grader, a 5th grader, and a preschooler this year.  Also, we'll be starting our multi-family, multi-subject co-op called Horizons on Tuesday.  I've had A LOT of communication, organization, supplies, and general loose-ends to tie up. So, I will be "laboring" on that this Labor Day Weekend.

Still, God is great and life is good!  Just keep plugging away...

No comments: