The new painting is underway and surprisingly farther along than I thought! Earlier this week, I started with a pencil drawing which I painted over and refined with burnt umber - I wanted to take the time to get the proportions right.
|Happy to have a use for leftover mural mixtures!|
I realized that I had several color mixes leftover from the mural - some that I had mixed in quantity and kept in airtight containers - that would actually work with this painting. Some will need to be adjusted slightly, but they were well suited for the underpainting portion of the project. Sooooo, I was able to get started.
BUT, I hesitate to say that this painting will go quickly, even with all of my studies and pre-mixed colors. I've done that before and there's always something that I get hung-up on that extends the project for a while. I can still hope, though, and I do know that the time I took with the studies has helped me a lot. After all, it's a complicated pose, especially when it comes to the tilt and angle of the head - I fought with that one a while. But, I was much more comfortable with it when drawing it out on the canvas (all freehand - no projector for this).
Meanwhile, while mom's busy painting in the garage, my youngest 2 have found a way to entertain themselves before the weather turns. I'm not sure if this is a rain dance, but...