Saturday, January 11, 2014

Capturing Movement...

Lots of activity lately which has given me a chance to do some gesture drawing.  I'll be doing a lot more of this - it's very helpful in learning about dynamic movement.


Last night, I found myself sitting on very uncomfortable benches at the skating rink while my daughter and friends skated for 2 1/2 hours.  I was able to observe and capture the movements of various skaters, young and old - some casual, some speedy, some wobbly.


This morning, I was at another daughter's soccer scrimmage.  This was more challenging to draw as skating offered a lot more repetitive movement and so was slightly easier to draw.  However, soccer is all over the place and positions are so fleeting.  Not to mention the fact that I get easily engaged in watching the kids play...


No comments: