Besides that, we've had assorted end-of-season soccer parties (now all-stars begins), we've been putting together spring classes for our co-op, and a couple of my kids had a recent encounter with the stomach flu.
So, I have been on to respond to being "Tagged" by Tom Barrett. I get to share 7 things about myself. Hmmmmmm, why does this seem hard? I mean, I'm sharing stuff on my blog all the time. I guess there's plenty of stuff I haven't shared yet. So, let's see what I can dig up...
1. I go through phases when I really get into cooking - I get tired of making the same things (which tends to happen when I'm busy) and I'll start craving other flavors and variety. I'll be making the Thanksgiving dinner this year for only the 2nd time ever.
2. For someone who works in a bookstore and enjoys children's books, I really haven't read very much. I wasn't that into reading as a kid and I was never assigned the reading lists that are given out today. I'm really enjoying reading a lot of those missed titles aloud to my kids every morning (we're reading "The Westing Game" by Ellen Raskin right now).
3. More than reading, I was much more into drawing (obviously) and writing. I used to write screenplays starring all of my stuffed animals and the model horses I collected. I partially minored in creative writing in college but ran out of steam before finishing.
4. Growing up, I wanted to be a horse trainer or forest ranger.
5. I'm related to a famous modern-day explorer - Rober Ballard (finder of the Titanic, Bismark, and assorted other historic vessels). He's my uncle (my maiden-name was Ballard).
6. I have very ecclectic tastes in music. I like anything from country and bluegrass to classical to rock. Mainly, I listen to a lot modern Christian rock these days.
7. Speaking of music, I got into the whole punk/alternative thing as it flourished when I was in high school and college. While I still enjoy some of that music in terms of style, I've come to regard the message and the language (and the "scene" in general) irritating rather than intriguing like I did when I was a teenager. And, I married a man who plays bass for and listens to only punk rock bands.
So, those are 7 things you probably didn't know about me. In turn I'm tagging the following artists to share 7 things about themselves (but don't feel obligated).