Friday, June 12, 2009

Summer's Here...


While we're continuing to do math through summer (rather than spend the first few months of September re-teaching everything), the multi-subject demands of the year are gone. Like last summer, I plan to add to the portfolio. I also have an unfinished color study project from last year.

Last night, I was able to spend a few minutes out in "the studio" (aka drawing table in the garage - only usable during the warm season...luckily we live in California so that's a lot of the year). I didn't really have a specific direction; just did a bit of doodling (see above) and searching through the sketchbook for potential subjects. My 6 yo daughter came out to join me - she drew the cat on the page above, and I added the patterning - fun time. Getting started can sometimes be the hardest part. I don't think any of these doodles will go anywhere, but you never know what might come out...
Anyway, some plans for summer include: 1) illustrating a fable or other scene from an existing story, 2) doing a series of scenerios featuring one character, 3) doing more paintings in acrylic paint try and master the media, and 4) do a series of 4 holiday card designs. Of course, a lot depends on whether or not we sell our house and have to move over summer. It's always something...

No comments: