Spent a good part of today kneeling and lying on the garage floor painting...and repainting...letters.
I think I already mentioned that I wasn't excited about painting letters and, yes, I did overfuss it. The more I tried to refine the letters, the less I liked them (and the more they seemed to draw attention away from the mural). In the end, I went back to fairly loose letters (sans serif). The title simply reads: Celebrate the Harvest - Santa Maria Valley (across the bottom of 3 panels)
I also worked on detailing the leaves around the pumpkins and building a little more contrast in that area.
Now, I'm a little more excited about working on the mural again. I will be moving some panels tonmorrow to (finally) detail the field beneath the wave. There'll be a little bit of greenery and some dots of red (strawberries) to pull a teensy bit more color into those first two panels.
At least I won't have to lay on the floor for the next phase!