My challenge here was the splash. I originally started using cerulean blue and was horrified - blech! Switching to ultramarine was much better...but, wait a minute! I didn't try pthalo. Might have to try that tomorrow.
Another thing I started was a study of a tree - the type of tree that will go in panels 1 and 2. This is especially challenging because it's a truck load of green, green, and more green. I have 3 different greens in the hillside and another 3 (or more) greens that make up the tree. I'm having to find ways to create contrast, even though in the reference pictures that I'm using, it does blend together at times. I need to work on it a bit and work out the kinks.
|Not very accurate color, but wanted to share |
what I have so far
I think I have a studio guest at night. I'm not sure, but I think it might be this guy:
I've heard him rustling around here and there. I suppose we can share the space for now...so long as he doesn't start using my paints.