Saturday, June 30, 2012

Fewer and Farther Between...

Now that additions and changes being made are smaller, I won't be posting as frequently.  Perhaps you can spot some of the details that I've been working on lately.


Undoubtedly, you noticed the building of shadows on the cauliflower...


And, the development of the vine that runs along the bottom (still more to do there)...

I changed the stems to brown instead of green and have yet to develop the leaves

And the addition of the vines I'd always planned to be coming out from the plowed rows but couldn't be done until the end...


The biggest challenge for me now is finding the motivation to stay focused and finish before moving on to other things I'm tempted to get into.  I have to say, that I'm happy to have this problem.  I'd hear of illustrators being tired of working on a particular project but having to plow ahead to meet a deadline, and I'd always wished I had that problem.  So, here I am...

Vines travelling up the "wave"
Obviously, I want it done, but I've been working on it for about 3 months and I'm rather tired of painting leaves, etc.  Also, I know the site where it is going is not ready yet (the corner of Cook and Main outside of the old Gottschalks) - so I know the mural will be stored for a bit.  I'd like to work on some smaller painting explorations (thanks to my growth in understanding of paint and color from this project).  It's also summer and I'd love to wrap up some of last years school stuff - clean up the study area, plan things for next year (I love doing that).  Still, I'd like it to be done.


In the meantime, I'll continue on while Cinderella waits for the pumpkins to change into coaches.

No comments: