Saturday, June 23, 2012

Them Thar Hills...


Finally got to spend a larger chunk of time on the mural again today.  I've started building up the landscape in the first couple panels, particularly the hills.  As you can see, I started by laying in some yellow to capture the flowers that come around every spring (and have gone at this point).



I'm so glad that I spent the time to work out the tree colors - it soooooo helped.  And, as expected, I'm reworking the hill colors, or at least the brushwork.  I'm using a more textured approach in the areas closer to the viewer.  I still have a lot to do on them thar hills, but I like how it's started.  Some I like, some needs to be adjusted.  Our hills have such variety - many are bare, some have the occassional shrub or tree, while others seem to have a blanket of shrubbery.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Diane, You are Amazing! I've been watching the progress of this mural from the start. I am looking forward to seeing the real thing soon! Beverly Johnson

Diane Smith said...

Thanks for the encouragement Beverly! It's been a lot of fun, but I'm looking forward to wrapping it up and seeing it all done. Soon...