Thursday, May 24, 2012

On the Farm...

The latest changes have been challenging - working on the tractor details.  There was a lot left undone on this panel and there's still a ways to go.  But, I'm off to a good start (if I do say so myself).

The other night, I worked on the driver for quite a while - trying to get the scale right and the appearance of a figure within a glass enclosure.  The struggle here was that I don't have a visual to work from - no photo to check my details.  But, I like the way it's turning out so far...after a few "not" likes.

One thing that I couldn't wait to change was the plowed soil in the foreground.  I had originally put in more precise rows, but I didn't care for the rigidity of it. When I did the tractor study and was a bit more carefree about the landscape, I liked the loose brush strokes and wanted to go more in that direction.  I think the result is in between - there are still rows, but the edges are less defined.

No comments: