For the first time in a long time, I had a free Saturday. I must have painted for about 8 hours overall (not without interruption, of course).
I feel like I've spent a lot of time in the first two panels - especially because there were so many complicated issues on the tractor, the figure in the tractor, and the plow that hadn't been resolved. However, there are a lot of details on these panels that I have yet to do, and they won't happen until the very end. One of the last things I'll have to do is to get some of these panels exactly side by side with no gaps to make sure things line up. But, for now, I just measure where I can and "eyeball" it when I can't.
I started today by working on the pumpkins again, adjusting some of the shadows and highlights a little. Then, I moved on to the wave of soil - a larger area of color to troubleshoot and blend. Once you start working on an area like that, you don't want to stop - gotta keep blending before the paint dries. And, working on this part took me back into panel #3 again.
Then, I moved on to the cauliflower. I didn't like the highlight color I had used for the vegetable's leaves in the first layer - too blue. So, I mixed a bit more yellow in and that worked better. I also worked on the cauliflower itself, stippling with and a light purple for shading. There's still detailing to be done or adjusted there.
The last thing I did was to "plant some crops" in the far field. That took a little extra time because I tried a few different greens before I found something I liked.
I love seeing how everything is starting to build, little by little.