Friday, May 25, 2012

Plowing Away...

I realized yesterday as I was working on the tractor and plow that I really didn't have a firm grasp of the plow-thingy.  I couldn't locate the photo I'd originally referenced and all I had to look at was a crude sketch in ye olde sketchbook.  My drawing experience is limited when it comes to mechanical things (and not high on my list of popular subject matter).  The more I worked on it, the more uncomfortable I became - I was just "wingin' it."

So, I scoured the internet for a good plow photo only to discover that good plow photos are hard to find.  Who knew?  I finally found something to work from - a photo of a toy model John Deere tractor and plow.  Of course, it was the wrong orientation and viewpoint, but I could work with that.


This evening, my one painting mission was to solve the plow problem and, at least, get it off to a good start (or restart).  After 2 1/2 hours (time really flies when I'm painting), I'm happy with the change.  I feel like it is a major hurdle that I've overcome.  At least I have a plow that is grounded in reality.

More details to be defined...

And now, I can move on to more "fun" stuff to paint!

No comments: