Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Free at Last...sort of...

I finally have time! And now it's hard to figure out what to do first. The house needs a good cleaning (boooo!), rooms need to be painted, the yard needs to be weeded...
And, of course, there's drawing and painting to do. I think I'll sneak out to the garage before work and really get going on the chicken drawing. I think I've got most all of the details ironed out and it's time to take it to the next level.

In the meantime, I'll share a older picture from the sketchbook. It started as a doodle, having fun with line, value, texture, and facial expression. I liked how it was going but there was a dark mark on the guy's forehead that I couldn't quite remove. I thought I'd hide it better with some White-Out (after all, this is just in my sketchbook, right?)...WRONG! That only made it worse! So, I cut out a "bandage" from an Avery label to cover it. Oh well...

No comments: