Sunday, June 8, 2008

Birthday Dragon...

Busy weekend. My birthday was yesterday - there was a soccer game (no it's not over yet) and I had to work. Spent my break sketching a little dragon plush toy that we sell.


But, I was able to get off early enough to go out to dinner with my husband. We went to Olive Garden (yum-o). I don't think I've ever been there before - it's a bit more $$$ than we can usually spend when going out to dinner, but we left the kids at home and I had a gift card.

Today, I made quite a bit of progress on the redraw of the chicken. I've noticed that I'm a lot less tentative this time around. Some of the lighter sections of the first drawing are coming out darker or bolder right off the bat. Last time, I spent a lot longer building up different parts. I think it's a combination of being more confident (having drawn this once before) and being a bit impatient by nature - I tend to like to do NEW things rather than redo something I already spent A LOT of time on. That said, I like some of the changes I've made, so it might be worth it in the end. If not, I still have the original...

No comments: