Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Why I'm not in the studio...

Things have been rather hectic for the last couple days. My youngest was swinging from a tree branch and fell on her arm Monday night before bed. She seemed OK at first, so I planned on taking her to the doctor first thing Tuesday morning. However, when I checked on her in the middle of the night she was clearly uncomfortable and her elbow had swelled up quite a bit.

Soooooo, it was off to the emergency room at 2:00 a.m. We didn't get home until about 3:30 (the middle of the night is the ideal time to go to the ER - no wait). Of course, then it took a while to fall asleep. I've been a zombie ever since.


So, no drawings to share. Just a picture of my little monkey sporting a splint. The X-rays showed a small fracture. We have another doctor visit to see if she needs an actual cast.

1 comment:

Edrian said...

I had a similar experience with my daughter last summer, except that she was at camp and fell of an airtrack and landed on her elbow. She had a compund fracture of her humurous bone. We rushed to the ER where she had surgery (really stressful time!). She spent the rest of her summer in a cast at home. Hope your littel one feels better soon.

BTW- Thanks for visiting my blog!