Saturday, April 26, 2008

More muscles...

IMG_0578

Yesterday at work, I completed another anatomy study. I would still like to do the facial muscles, but I'd like to take some time now to work on other things. I don't work on Sundays, so tomorrow is open (Ok, after some housework, grading a few papers...ugh!).

I really like the shapes and patterns of the torso muscles - the way they wrap around the body, the symmetry.

I found the arm muscles particularly challenging this time. There's lots of them, for one thing. Also, the book I was working from - the one that had the clearest images - did not show the entire arm. It had a picture of the upper arm, and then 3 pages later it had the lower arm. So, I had to put the two sections together in the drawing. And, it appeared to me that the lower arm in the book was turned at just a slightly different angle than the upper arm. I hope I managed to get them together correctly.

No comments: