Friday, April 25, 2008

Spring Fever

IMG_0388
Aahhhhh, spring! It was a beautifully warm day and none of us felt like doing schoolwork today - spring fever big time! Of course, we had to anyway. But, things are winding down. The kids' P.E. co-op is finished, and science and history are almost done. Math and writing will continue into summertime (as usual - we take our time in those areas).
Anyway, the picture I posted today is from my sketchbook and I had autumn in mind when I did it. However, seeing just a couple of leaves starting to appear on the tree in our front yard reminded me of it.
I haven't had much of an opportunity to work on the Bathing Beauty, but I hope to spend some time on it this weekend. I don't have the background issue solved, but I do have some ideas that I want to pursue. It's a drag, however, when there's no time to actually do the things I have in mind.
Another thing that's aggravating me is that I wish I could participate in the whole Illustration Friday thing. I think it would be fun. But, I'm one of those that likes to "stew" on a concept for a while. I don't usually have an image pop into my head right away. Of course, I don't have time for that thinking process to happen before the next Friday comes around. Perhaps when summer comes...

3 comments:

Greg Hartman said...

Hi Dianne, welcome to Illustration Friday! I couldn't tell if you were serious or not about the comment? Either way though that's hilarious!Thank you. Nice drawing skills, well done.

Raluca said...

Aaaaa!touche!!!this little one is a ''must have'',sorry but I´ll take it from you with copy-paste...LOVE IT!!

Diane Smith said...

This was one of those doodles that just came together. I didn't spend a lot of time on it - liked it just as it is.