Tuesday, April 15, 2008

This May Take a While...

OK, the original doodle that I left in the drawing is a bottle shape. Of course, it had to be an unusual bottle shape - like a perfume bottle or flask-type thingy with some sharp "shoulders." With my desire to work in darker, dramatic values it's taken some thought to try and figure out how the shadow would fall across the front. And, since it's a made-up shape, I don't have anything like it in the house to shine a light on and see.

I think I figured out something that looks right, however it took me most of my free time today (Tuesdays and Sundays are the 2 days I don't work). Needless to say, I haven't made much progress on the overall drawing.

Guess you'll all just have to wait.

(I'm pretty happy with the facial expression at least - on the figure, not the bottle)

No comments: